Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas is Coming!



Sorry about the picture...it's very dark outside! 
Last year, I very smugly, had all of my Christmas cards made by October, but this year life has been up dancing in my face distracting me and BAMB! December has appeared out of nowhere and I am completely unprepared for the season of goodwill! Last night my Dear One was out, I had 'Strictly' on Catch Up, and a faint glimmer of energy, so I grabbed the opportunity and and set a full scale production line in order to get my cards finished at last. I had an idea of how I wanted them to look so I made up a rough version and decided to just go for it. I'm determined to have them all handed out/ posted out by Sunday, as i hate having things hanging over me for too long.
 I adore the First Christmas Stamp set from the Christmas Catalogue, I wanted to keep the card simple to high light the beauty of the stamps, so I embossed the images in Gold Embossing Powder on an Elegant Eggplant Card-stock Base. I used the Finishing Touches Edgelit to decorate the base of the card and tied some Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon to add a layer. The top looked a bit bare so I added some Basics Pearls and decided that it was done. Hurrah to have 1 thing ticked off my list of 1001 To-Do's before the 24th! 
New years resolution....Buy a better camera! Or I could just stop being lazy and taking pics on my phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment