Saturday 9 March 2013

To My Sweet Mother

Each year I find it hard to know what to write in my Mother's Day card, how do you sum up 30 years of gratitude and love in a few lines? You can't can you, really. Poets and card companies have been trying for years, some more successfully then others! I hope she knows though, just how thankful for her and the life she gave to me. I hope I show her through my actions, which I think means more then a card year after year.

For this years card I went for a garden theme, the idea was that the letters were the flowers growing out of the pots. I used the scallop oval punch cut in half and inked around the edges to make the pots, the grass was made using the scallop edge punch, then I cut wedges into the tops to make it grassy. Adding a few butterflies cut with the Beautiful Wings embossilit die stopped the card from looking too bare and I finished it with a little ribbon tied around the base, Madison Ave, Island Indigo Ribbon (from the Sale a Bration set) on one card and Stitched Summer Starfruit ribbon on the other card.



5 comments:

  1. that's a lovely card! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card & yes I agree it is hard to find just a few words to express a life times worth of love. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!!! Thanks for playing with the DCD

    ReplyDelete